Our First Cash Contest!
Since so many of us are being locked down, locked out, separated from loved ones, the month ahead, usually the merriest for many of the year, looks bleak.
On the up side, there is lots of time to reflect on art and to write. With all the stores closed, no mulled wine gatherings, no Nutcracker ballet performances, no midnight mass, no carolling socials, what's left?
Do not despair! Christmas isn't cancelled!
Transform your bleak and lonely holidays immersed in 35 visual art prompts. Lorette's carefully curated collection will intrigue and inspire. The ebook is 10$ CAD (about $7 USD) and your purchase helps support The Ekphrastic Review. Thank you.
You can send up to seven poems or short stories in by Christmas Day and we will publish selected works in a special showcase feature on site in the weeks to follow.
And we've just decided to make the Christmas challenge into a cash awarded contest- from the selected entries for the showcase, we will choose a winner. The prize is $100!
Rules for submissions:
1. Submit to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight, December 25, 2020.
2. Use HOLIDAY CONTEST in subject line.
3. Send no more than seven entries, all in one email, or in several, no matter.
5. We would love to see more stories- flash fiction, small fiction, microfiction, and prose poetry. Check out our guidelines to see the kind of stories we like.
6. Of course poetry is always welcome. We love poetry and that is not going to change.
7. Nothing over 1000 words. If you have written something exceptionally brilliant, we might make an exception.
8. Relax, enjoy, have fun.
9. Cash will be sent via PayPal.
Click here to purchase.
The Ekphrastic Review
Find a writer, artist, or poem, etc. by searching here:
Join us on FB and Twitter!