We we make our way through the entries for our last contest, it is time to announce our new one!
The theme this time is Fifty Shades of Blue.
We have compiled an intriguing array of visual art throughout history and the world, on the theme of blue. This ebook includes fifty works of art to inspire your ekphrastic writing practice. It is $10 and purchase also qualifies you to enter five stories or poems, if purchased before the contest deadline.
A selection of finalists will be chosen and published in February. One flash fiction and one poem will each win first place and $100CAD.
Deadline: January 31, 2022
1. Flash fiction and poetry only. Each submission must be inspired by one of the selected artworks in the Fifty Shades of Blue ebook.
2. Word limit for both is 1000.
3. Up to five poems, five stories, or a combination of both. Please submit all of your entries together in one email.
4. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight EST, January 31, 2022.
5. Include a brief bio of 100 words or less.
6. Subject line: BLUE CONTEST.
7. We especially encourage flash fiction and microfiction as we have received volumes more poetry than fiction in the last few contests and all of our challenges!
8. Purchase of ebook qualifies you to enter, up to five works.
9. Winners will be paid by PayPal.
Fifty Shades of Blue: 50 Art Prompts to Inspire Your Ekphrastic Writing Practice
A carefully curated selection of fifty blue-themed artworks throughout art history and the world, intended to inspire your ekphrastic creative writing practice.
The Ekphrastic Review
Find a writer, artist, or poem, etc. by searching here:
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies