New Contest! The Sound of Music, with Guest Judge, Jonathan Taylor
The Ekphrastic Review is pleased to announce a new contest for poetry and flash fiction, on the theme of music.
We are delighted that Jonathan Taylor, a TER contributor well-known for his musical writing, will act as our judge.
Selected flash fiction and poetry will appear in a showcase in The Ekphrastic Review. A winner in either flash fiction or poetry will be awarded first place and $100 CAD.
Jonathan Taylor is an author, editor, lecturer and critic. His books include the poetry collection Cassandra Complex (Shoestring, 2018), the novel Melissa (Salt, 2015) and the memoir Take Me Home (Granta, 2007). His book Kontakte and Other Stories (Roman Books, 2013), was shortlisted and long listed for multiple awards. It is a collection of music-themed stories, a consistent theme in his poetry and fiction. Taylor directs the MA in Creative Writing at the University of Leicester. His website is www.jonathanptaylor.co.uk.
1. Write short fiction or poetry inspired by any of the works of art in The Sound of Music ebook. You can interpret or use the art in any way you are inspired to. It can be about the painting, artist, or subject, or take you in any other direction.
2. 1000 words maximum per piece, whether fiction or poetry.
3. Submit up to five works per author, fiction, poetry, or assorted.
4. Attach works as Word documents. Do not put your name on documents. Any legible font and presentation is fine.
5. Include a publication ready bio of 100 words or less in the body of your email, in the event your work is chosen for our showcase.
6. Editor and judge decisions are final. Showcase will be published sometime in April, and winner announced at the same time.
7. Wining writer will be paid by PayPal.
8. Send entries to email@example.com with MUSIC in subject line.
9. Deadline is midnight, EST, March 25, 2023.
10. Purchase of music ebook is $10 CAD and qualifies you to enter up to five works. You can enter as many times as you like.
The Ekphrastic Review
Join us on Facebook: